TEL: 0408 69 69 69 (ph)
DOUBLE BAY NSW 2028 0438
69 69 69 (fax)
• MVRIC Auto Electrical License
• Master Mariner
• Australian Heavy Vehicle Driving License
• Fork Truck License (unlimited)
• WorkCover Travel Crane License
• Austel Telecommunications License
• Security License (lapsed)
• Australian Automotive
Mechanical Engineers Associate
• Royal Prince Edward
Yacht Club, Point Piper Member
• Australian 18ft
Member 20 years
• Harley Davidson Owner
Life Member 1969
MARINE INDUSTRY CONSULTANT
& AUTOMOTIVE CONSULTANT 1998
Managing Director of Advanced Marina Management Pty Ltd
- Specialist Management of:
Pier 6&7 The Piers, Walsh Bay Sydney Harbour – 2003 to date
Rose Bay & Point Piper Marinas, Sydney Harbour – 2006 to date
Smith’s Spit Boatshed, Middle Harbour, Sydney – 2008 to date
Princes Street Marina, Newport, Pittwater, Sydney – 2008 to date
Gold Coast Marine Centre, Queensland - 2004 to 2006
- Specialist Consultant to: (ongoing)
Sydney Boat House, Rozelle Bay Sydney Harbour
Sydney Marine Centre, Rozelle Bay Sydney Harbour
- Professional advisor to: (ongoing)
The Riviera Group -
Riviera Sales Sydney
7 Seas Cruisers Sydney
SJ Motors Sydney (Nissan, SsangYong, Kia, Daewoo, Suzuki)
Managing Director of
Car rental company DVM Motor Rentals, Haberfield, Sydney
Management of construction & pre opening of fine dining restaurant, Sydney City
PTY LTD GENERAL MANAGER 1984 to August 1998
Reporting to Company
dAlbora Marinas Pty Ltd operated five marinas and other business interests and properties in Australia. In this role I undertook to devise and implement strategies, policies and procedures that addressed key result areas.
Direction and Management
• Strategy Policy and
• Information and
Analysis Gathering and using data
Partnership and Development
• Customer Focus
Meeting needs and expectations
• Processes, Products
and Services Design and operation
• Organisational Performance the results.
- Financial Planning and Management
- Information Technology
- Client Retention
- Construction, refurbishment and Maintenance
- Special Events, Promotions and Public Relations
PTY LTD Shipwright/Dockmaster
Project Manager 1975 - 1984
Cadman Cruising Restaurant and Flagship Charters Pty Ltd
Reporting to Company
- Organizing Maintenance Programs for newly acquired Marinas to bring them in line with d’Albora Marinas standards
- Customer Relations – promotion and negotiations with existing and prospective clients
- Recruitment and Employee Relations
- Shipwright and operation of the wharf; berthing of cruisers and Yachts; maintenance; crew member during functions and marine mechanical and electrical work.
“Nothing is too hard”.
- Loyalties – up and down the line.
- Respect for and from those with whom I work and am associated
- A “can-do” approach to jobs. A philosophy of finding out “how” rather than accepting “can’t”
- An ability to take on projects in unfamiliar “territory” and master them quickly.
- Ability to source, attract and retain experts who complement project management skills.
- A personal commitment to continuous learning.
- Track record of overseeing growth in expanding, dynamic environment and taking organization to Worlds Best Practice standard.
- An excellent “middle” man – able to act as go-between project developers and contractors – ensuring projects completed to specifications – on or below budget.